Hollywood Costumes at The Eccles Hotel
There will be a wonderful display of Style Iconic Costumes at the Eccles Hotel on Sunday the 12th of December, from 12.00 noon until 3.00pm.
Fourteen Iconic Hollywood Costumes will go on show by the proprietor, Mr Gene London, Famous designer and renowned garment collector. His costumes have been on a world tour and we are very honoured to have them here as part of Mr London’s contribution to the launch of the Maureen O’Hara Foundation. There will be half hourly tours commencing at 12 pm sharp. Come and view this wonderful collection of memorabilia and flavour what the Maureen O’Hara Legacy Centre will offer when it opens its doors in 2013. Entry is free – any kind contributions (No matter how small) to the donation box will be graciously accepted.
List of Costumes:
1. Worn by Maureen O’ Hara in “The Spanish Main” (1945)
2. Worn by Claudette Colbert in “Cleopatra” (1934)
3. Worn by Vivien Leigh in “Gone With the Wind” (1939)
4. Worn by Joan Crawford in “Dragon Lady Gown” (1940)
5. Worn by Joan Fontaine - Rebecca Publicity Gown (1940)
6. Worn by Rita Hayworth in “Gilda” (1946)
7. Worn by Audrey Hepburn in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” (1961)
8. Worn by Lena Horne – Personal Wardrobe
9. Worn by Marilyn Monroe in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” (1953)
10. Worn by Grace Kelly - Academy Award Gown
11. Worn by Grace Kelly in “To Catch a Thief” (1955)
12. Worn by Elizabeth Taylor - Academy Award Presenter Gown
13. Worn by Marilyn Monroe - Happy Birthday Mr. President Gown
14. Worn by Marilyn Monroe in “The Seven Year Itch” (1955)
For further information please call the Foundation on (027) 56384.